Monday, February 6, 2012

Wrap it! Tie it! Ruffle it up!





I decided to ink up JJ Desperate Housewife for this super fun challenge.




I stamped JJ desperate Housewife with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and then coloured her up using my Copic markers. I layered her onto a die cut piece of patterned paper from Crate Paper using 3D foam squares. Then I took my Crop-a-Dile and punched 3 small holes around the one corner and threaded 2 colors of Baker’s Twine through them. Then I just unravelled the edges (somewhat trying to mimic a dust bunny). I went ahead and stamped a polka dot background and then scuffed up the whole card face using the same Tim Holtz Distress Ink that I used to stamp the dots. Next, I went ahead and used Sookwang tape to adhere a strip of thick brown grosgrain ribbon and finished it off by adding a bow that I made using red grosgrain ribbon. I stamped this uber fun sentiment onto the card using Timber Brown Stazon Ink and adhered my image panel using more 3D foam squares. Then I simply trimmed the edge of the die cut piece so it would not hang over the edge of the card.

I really do get a kick out of JJ Desperate Housewife every time I ink her up...and the sentiments in this stamp set are all hilarious.







Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you again soon. Take Care,


Jessie

4 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

JJ was popular this week....and with an attitude about housework like she has it is no surprise....fab coloring and cool layout

Julie said...

This is so Beautiful! Love the gorgeous colors you used!!

Virgo5 said...

Awesome Jessie, I love the colours!

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

LOVE this, Jessie...your little corner dust bunny ROCKS!!!