Monday, January 23, 2012

It's a Manly Thing!


Today we have a “Manly” challenge for you -> This one is for the Boys!!!

For this one I used the totally hilarious Gus Fishing …….. you can find Gus HERE

I got the inspiration for the layout from the Ala Card Monkey Challenge Blog & the tag panel from a challenge over at The Paper Players Blog

I stamped Gus using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink onto Gina K paper, then I colored him in with my Copics (sorry no list today). I used Bazzill cardstock for the card base and then used 2 papers from the Renaissance Faire Collection from Graphic 45 (yes this paper line works for men as well as ladies). I then added a strip of drywall tape J and added a small wooden ruler I picked up at a LSS. I then cut my image panel into the shape of a tag, punched a hole using mu Crop-a-dile and then added some thick thread that I picked up at an Antique store.

Check out the wonderful creations that the
have in store for you


Thanks so much for stopping by and I wish you all have a wonderful week,


Jessie

12 comments:

Angel said...

very cool details! love this!!!

Terry said...

This is great! I love the way you colored the main image, and I love the tag. Thanks for taking part in our A La Card Monkey challenge this week.

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Great image from bugaboo, and a wonderful card. thanks for joining us at A la Card Monkey.
Cindy GD

Tina said...

Such a cute image...thanks for sharing at a la card monkey

Tina
guest designer

Notnefs said...

Lookin good!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your cards so much! I really LOVE how you can take a stamp that i would normally pass by in a store, and turn it into such an awesome piece of work. The way you color with copics inspires me!

Joanne (jojot) said...

Love the mesh and ruler details...perfect for a fishing themed card...great layout

Julie said...

This is so cute! Love Gus on the tag and the mesh and ruler. Great layout!

Stacy Morgan said...

Awesome. I love the ruler and the netting for this image. Just perfect.

Unknown said...

Great card just love that little old lady! she made me giggle!

Ann Schach said...

Adorable! There are so many fabulous details...especially the ruler! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

jaydee said...

Your card made me laugh! What a great image and sentiment. Love that you joined the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Lori Turner said...

I just love this Gus! We all had the same thoughts this week - I love it!