Friday, September 9, 2011

A Sketch, Some Color and Exciting News!

Hi Everyone, thanks so much for stopping by. Our family vacations have come to an end and our regular routines are now in effect (thank goodness). Anyways you may be wondering exciting news I have been waiting to share is......I have been accepted to be a part of the Totally Stampalicious Design Team (a total first for me) and I am so excited. Here is the rest of the design team over at Totally Stampalicious (I will be including the blog roll here on my blog shortly) and they are such a talented group of ladies- so be sure to check out their blogs for some awesome inspiration.

I also made a card for the Totally Stampalicious Color Challenge (on right now)- Pink, Yellow and Orange. I have used one of their wonderful Scarlett Stamps (she's one of my faves) and colored her using my Copics (trying to stay within the colors specified- except for her hair and skin). I couldn't find the perfect paper that I had in mind when I colored Scarlett so I sprayed 3 different colors of Glimmermist onto white cardstock and then ran it through my Big Shot with an embossing plate- and I think it definitely did the trick.

Supplies Used:

cardstock: X-Press It- Copic; Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White- Stampin Up
ink: Copic Markers; Glimmermist- Lemongrass, Sunshine, Tutti Fruiti; Black and Tangelo Memento- Tsukineko
other: border punch- EK Success; Oval Punches- Stampin Up


Challenges Entered:


Thanks again for stopping by and hope to see you very soon,

Jessie


6 comments:

Julie said...

Scarlette is looking fabulous in pink, orange and yellow! Great job with this week's color challenge and Congratulations on your new Design Team Spot! Glad to have you on the team!

Jessica Griffin said...

Love your card Jessie!! Love the background you created too!

Kendra said...

Love this card! Can't wait to start working with you!

Jen Shults said...

Very nice! I like the colors you used and the embossing in the background is fabulous! Thanks for using this week's Deconstructed Sketch!

Joanne (jojot) said...

she is looking refreshed and maybe a bit sassy......welcome aboard the DT

Lori Turner said...

Gorgeous card, Jessie! I love how you did the background paper and she does look very relaxed :) Congrats on joining our wonderful DT and I cannot wait to work along side you! Take care!